Friday, July 6

My new specialty



Right after work -- I went straight home. I thought my hubby had an appointments to go to but he just did his paperworks at home and ended up staying home. Des and I was waiting for Kai to get up -- She was taking her good nap.. As soon as she got up.. we went to babies r us to get her bathing suit.. Then we went to target and woodfield mall to get some stuff for our vacation next week...It was so funny though -- as we were driving-- we got stuck at the stop light.. I saw this 3 girls just jamming in their car.. Soo funny coz I dont know what song they were listening to-- the only thing I know was a good song to dance.. So-- I asked Des and rolled down her window so she can listen to it.. ha ha ha. We were both laughing too coz I was also jamming in my own car.... So -- as always-- I started reminiscing and missing my old fun days with my girls.
It was getting so late and we wanted to go home but I promised Des that I was gonna make her beef salad..So-- we went to Jewel and bought the ingredients.. Guess what?? that was already around 10pm..lolzz So, I called my honey and asked him to grill the marinated beef I had at home.. So, as soon as we got home.. I did my beef salad.. Hmmm, i didn't have the full ingredients coz it was getting so late.. But it was still deliciosooooo... Let me tell yah! The 3 of us t finished the whole thing .. he he he..

Here's the ingredients for you...if ever u want to make some..... You can always make it different -- however you want it.. Just dont forget to put lotz of lime, cilantro and your beautiful smile...

INGREDIENTS
2 green onions, chopped
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 cup lime juice
1/3 cup fish sauce
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2 pounds (1 inch thick) steak fillet
1 head leaf lettuce - rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
1/2 English cucumber, diced
1 pint cherry tomatoes

DIRECTIONS
In a large bowl, stir together the green onions, cilantro, lime juice, fish sauce, and sugar until well combined and the sugar is dissolved. Adjust the flavor, if desired, by adding more sugar and/or fish sauce. Set aside.
Cook the steak over high heat on a preheated grill for approximately 4-6 minutes on each side, until it is cooked medium. Do not overcook the meat! Remove from heat and slice into thin strips. Add the meat and its juices to the sauce and refrigerate, tightly covered, for at least 3 hours.
Tear the lettuce into bite size pieces and place in a salad bowl. Arrange the cucumber on top of the lettuce, and then pour the meat and sauce over. Top with the cherry tomatoes and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves

k --- im going to sleep now..Nitey!

Char

No comments:

Featured Post

When You Question Friendship

Hi All! I haven't posted anything for awhile, but I'm baaaack and looking forward to writing more.  So, about the title of this po...