Wednesday, April 23

Ask for Help!

Have you asked for help, but then refuse to let go of the situation? I know I have, more than I can think of. Whether you admit it or not, most of us are often too anxious to take control of our lives, even when we haven't done a good job of managing our own life. When this happens to us, there’s one thing we need to do… we need to learn from our mistakes and be more willing to trust God to help us work through our problems.

I remember a short story about a boy who loves to haul sand and pours it in his wagon. His wagon was loaded with sand that he complained to his mom, “It’s too heavy. I can’t move it. I’ve tried everything.” His mom then smiled and said, “Yes, but you haven’t done everything you can. There’s one more thing you could do.” After much thinking, the boy’s facial expression changed and he said, “Oh! I could ask you to help me.” He did and the mom gladly responded.

The reason I share this story is coz I can’t help but think of how often we feel justified in giving up, assuming we have done everything to change our situation. Yet until we ask our Heavenly Father, believe me, we have not used up all our resources. Maybe some of you are afraid that God will blame you and be angry, esp. if you have made some poor decisions that got you in trouble. Or maybe some of us are holding on too much on our pride that it keeps us from experiencing God’s help.

Friends, the One who created you & me knows our abilities, our shortcomings and definitely our desires. If you open yourself to God’s work, He will guide your ways. I tell you, there were many times I’ve fallen, but in my willingness to "let go and let God", the Lord helped me to start living again… this time with praise for God in my heart and on my lips. I’ve seen what my previous lifestyle has done to me, but now that the Lord has given me a chance to live better, there’s no reason for me to go back. God can do what we cannot. So I suggest, you simply ask.

The Lord said in Isaiah, “I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, “Do not fear; I will help you.”

Friends, God is our ONLY present help. He answers prayers, but the only reason why you feel at times that He only answers other’s is not coz He doesn’t want to or He can’t for you, but it’s coz of our dissatisfaction. Instead of letting God do His will, you approach Him with your own idea of how to solve your problems. If that’s the case, then you will likely overlook His true resolution. I know sometimes we don’t like God’s solution. When we’re sick, we want it out right away rather than an extra measure of grace to endure the hurt. Or we ask to get out of a marriage rather than humbling ourselves and ask our spouse’s forgiveness for our poor attitude. Bottom line, we want the Lord to fix everything without requiring any effort from us. But friends, have you thought of the fact that our willingness to obey is the key to answered prayer? When the Lord tells us how to resolve our prob lem, we must act just as He specifies, even if it means removing ALL of your pride… otherwise you will never be satisfied or at peace.

Friends, the best thing you can do in any situation is first, to set aside your pride and allow God to help you… for with His help, little by little you will find new life as He shows you the way. Believe me; God can turn any situation into good. When we trust… God acts!

Please join me in prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, we come to your thrown with thanksgiving in our hearts as we learn how important it is to humble ourselves before you. Lord, help us to trust you with our problems, esp. when darkness, confusion, doubt and despair seem to overwhelm us. Help us to reach to You for healing and restoration. We believe that when all else has failed, You continue to work for our benefit. May you grant us strength, hope and help we need for each day. We know that nothing is impossible for You and so we place our lives in your hands. Guide our steps as we go forward in our journey. This we pray in Jesus’ Almighty name. Amen!

Remember, our impossibilities are God’s opportunities… allow God to help you - believe me, you won't regret it!

Have a JOYFUL day!

No comments:

Featured Post

When You Question Friendship

Hi All! I haven't posted anything for awhile, but I'm baaaack and looking forward to writing more.  So, about the title of this po...