Friday, August 15

Something Better

Last night, I caught myself feeling somewhat despair. I went to my room, closed the door behind me and wrote on my journal. Not feeling a big relief, I decided to turn to God’s word and sure enough the Lord was quick to remind me the verse in 2 Corinthians 12:9. It says, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” I read that verse over and over again and remained still. It is those moments that I feel the Lord’s presence comforting me.

See, I was focusing too much on the job I’m loosing. Today is actually my last day and knowing that I do not have a replacement yet, I was slowly beginning to feel the worry that is crawling in me. Change is unavoidable. We go through various experiences that change us. Whether the results are for the better depends largely on our attitude. Just like apostle Paul. Both he and his living conditions changed after his experience with Christ on the Damascus Rd. Rather than arresting Christians, he became a courageous and bold defender of the faith. He was beaten, stoned, shipwrecked, and imprisoned. As I was reading his story, I thought to myself, “Wow! He certainly had a good reason to complain”, but instead he thanked God. Why? Coz Paul recognized that his greatest treasure was Jesus Christ and the righteousness Christ offers.

Gradually, I realized that my confidence was my worst enemy. I had gone into the job searching world with an “I can get a job right away” attitude. I realized that this time it’s not under my timetable. I had to adhere to God’s timetable which requires both my faith and courage.

I know sometimes waiting on God can feel difficult, but the Lord has a plan for each of us, and the timing of every detail is always right. So when it comes, we can look for the new opportunities God is offering in it and, like Paul, we can rejoice, give thanks, and embrace the change. I know I have to take it one day at a time. I must believe that He knows how I should live, trust that His plan is right, and have the determination to wait until He gives a signal to proceed.

Through all the phases of my life… the birth of my children, the loss of loved ones, the transition of my employment… God has always been there, guiding me into the next wonderful part of my life. Sometimes change is hard to accept; but knowing that God is there, I am able to face each new change. I’m sure that if we follow the Lord’s schedule we will experience the blessing of watching Him work things together for our gain and His glory. I can rest assure that no matter what challenges lie ahead in my life or how the world around me changes, I have the love and grace of God to see me through.

How about you my friend, in what situation do you need to practice waiting on the Lord and trusting Him? Know that I feel for you, but we can both take heart that in God’s word we can put our hope. So instead of relying on people or on you for success, the remedy is to rely on the one true source, God, for our security rests in Him alone.

Have a JOYFUL weekend and to some of you, it has been a pleasure working with you all!
God bless!

No comments:

Featured Post

When You Question Friendship

Hi All! I haven't posted anything for awhile, but I'm baaaack and looking forward to writing more.  So, about the title of this po...