Wednesday, May 28

STOP trying, start TRUSTING

i read this devotional by joyce meyer and inspired me to use it for today's odb. may the Lord speak to your heart as you read this message.

Not in your own strength, for it is God who is all the while effectually at work in you (energizing & creating in you the power & desire), both to will & to work for His good pleasure, satisfaction & delight. – Philippians 2:13

Most of us desire the good life God has planned for us, but we recognize areas in our lives that need to be changed. Many times you set out to make those changes, yet in spite of your best efforts, you seem powerless to make it happen. Trying to bring about change through your own strength and plans will always result in frustration. God is waiting for you to stop trying to change and start trusting Him to change you. If you need to make changes in your thoughts, attitudes, and behavior, understand that you can’t do it by yourself. Spend time with God and ask for His help… after all, if He can’t do it, it can’t be done. But He can… and He will. – Joyce Meyer

~x~o~x~o~x~

As far as I can remember, I have believed in God. However, I can honestly say that before I was saved, those were merely words and thoughts that were never backed up by action. I never really put my trust in God till the time I truly surrendered my life to Him and He lovingly delivered me from my sins. As I look back and compare my life then and now, I realized a major truth that God had brought me through my tough times and never gave up on me. It was also then that I realized that something was missing from my relationship with God… asking myself, “Why haven’t I trusted God and worried less? Why do I keep putting matters into my own hands?” My belief in God and love for the Lord were then joined by trust in Him.
Life is good and I can’t complain. I’m blessed and I’m grateful. I know there may be tragedies ahead and certainly there will be difficulties along with joys, but now I know that I can hold my head up high as I face them all with “my God”, in whom I trust. I know too that as I face different problems along the way, sometimes God will not change the situation, but He will bring about change in me.

Friends, I know it’s our natural desire to want to be in control of our lives, but little do you know that it’s really not an attainable goal. When you assume that you can control all the people or situations that come your way, you’ll just end up frustrated, and angry followed by a path of wrong choices that will make your life more miserable. Trusting God requires us to let go and place our desires in God’s hands. Believing that His will & timing is perfect fro all things in our life. Of course we all want good things to happen in our life now, but the problem is we want it NOW, not later, but NOW. We even go far beyond changing other people instead of accepting that we do not have the power to change people, but ONLY God can. Friends, part of trusting the Lord often means not knowing how He will accomplish His plans for us & when He’ll do it. Remember that o ne of Satan’s schemes is to distract you from seeking & trusting God. He’ll do everything in his power to build negative thoughts in your mind. But friends, no matter how difficult your circumstances are, no matter how tempting it is to sit around wondering how to solve your own problems, I encourage you as the Bible encourages us not to take these burdens upon ourselves. Instead humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God so that He may lift you up at the proper time. God never intended for you to walk through your dark valleys alone. Stop thinking that He doesn’t care for you or He has too many problems to worry about. He loves you infinitely and perfectly and nothing in this world can ever change that. He’s just been waiting for you to let go and let God. Give your mind a rest from worry by turning your negative thoughts immediately over to God. And the next time Satan tempts you to take matters into your own hands, I urge you to lift up a simple prayer letting the Lord k now that you cannot handle this situation on your own and submit your concerns to Him. Ask Him to help you release your negative thoughts and trust Him completely.

So instead of asking God to change our situation, especially in our own terms, we should ask God to change us. God sees the big picture, and you don’t. Put down your pride and trust the Lord’s leading… follow the steps He will provide for you even if you feel that it’s not the route you want to take. Remember, it’s not about what you think is right for you; it’s about obeying where God wants you to be.

Have a JOYFUL day!

No comments:

Featured Post

When You Question Friendship

Hi All! I haven't posted anything for awhile, but I'm baaaack and looking forward to writing more.  So, about the title of this po...