I hope that this 36 Godly Ways to Reduce Stress will help all of us get through a stressful day. Remember, God has a way of turning things around for you and me. “If God is for us, who can be against us?” (Romans 8:31) In other words, “When GOD is for us, it doesn't matter who is against us.” And so I thought I’d share this with you so you can use it as a tool when facing a circumstance. You either instill it in your hearts or print and carry it with you to help remin d you on how to respond to problems of the day. May you be blessed!
2. Go to bed on time.
3. Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.
4. Say No, to projects that won't fit into your time schedule or that will compromise your mental health.
5. Delegate tasks to capable others.
6. Simplify and unclutter your life.
7. Less is more. (Although one is often not enough, two are often too many.)
8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.
9. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don't lump the hard things all together.
10. Take one day at a time.
11. Separate worries from concerns. If a situation is a concern, find out what God would have you to do and let go of the anxiety. If you can't do anything about a situation, forget it.
12. Live within your budget; don't use credit cards for ordinary purchases.
13. Have backups; an extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key buried in the garden, extra stamps, etc.,
14. K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut). This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.
15. Do something for the Child in You everyday.
16. Carry a book of scriptures with you to read while waiting in line.
17. Get enough exercise.
18. Eat right.
19. Get organized so everything has its place.
20. Listen to a tape while driving that can help improve your quality of life.
21. Write thoughts and inspirations down.
22. Every day, find time to be alone.
23. Having problems? Talk to GOD on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don't wait until it's time to go to bed to pray.
24. Make friends with Godly people.
25. Keep a folder of favorite scriptures on hand.
26. Remember that the shortest bridge between despair and hope is often a good "Thank you, Lord!"
28. Laugh some more!
29. Take your work seriously, but yourself not at all.
30. Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can).
31. Be kind to unkind people (they probably need it the most).
32. Sit on your ego.
33. Talk less; listen more.
34. Slow down.
35. Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe.
36. Every night before bed, think of one thing you're grateful for that you've never been grateful for before.
Not one time in the Bible that Jesus ever promised us that life will always be easy and filled with calmness and joy. However, He does promise to be with us, no matter how stressful life may seem at any given moment. During times of stress and fatigue in our lives, we can turn to Jesus for comfort and reassurance.
Friends, take time to be quiet and to pray. I have found that by taking the time to pray and as I’m reminded that the battle is the Lord’s, I am refreshed and once again able to tackle the problems of the day. Friends, when you’re faced with stress, fatigue or even anger, make a 911 call to the Lord… it’s never busy. Recognize that you need to take time to be alone and to pray. Believe me, even when you think you don’t have time, everyone has time to pray. Recognizing His presence gives us peace. And I assure you; in prayer you can find peace.
Have a JOYFUL day!