Monday, April 16

Heart of gratitude

You have turned for me my mourning into dancing-Psalm 30:11

Last Friday's Daily Bread really spoke to me. De Haan couldn't have said it any better, "Thank God in your disappointment, Celebrate His grace and love; Know that He will never leave you and will bless you from above."

Before my exam, I was just like Denzel Washington, I said if I failed, I would give God praise and celebrate. And if I passed, I would give God praise and celebrate. Honeslty it was very hard for me to do what I said I was going to do. God really does nudge you and remind you of your words just like we have a tendency to remind God of His promises. ouch! But anyway, I am so blessed that He has lifted me out feeling so bad for myself and giving me the desire to praise Him and to just continue to trust in His will.

The amazing thing is even in Sunday's message at church, the content was re: a person's heart, the preacher touched on the physical heart as well as our spiritual heart. But he ended with a question, asking all of us what kind of heart do you have? So of course I thought of the prayer that David (the psalmist) had asked for, but then it hit me much more deeper and it dawned on me that I need to also pray for a heart that is filled with gratitude. You see, we may never understand why things happen or why set backs arise in our lives, but if we trully love God and put our trust in Him we must ALWAYS have a heart of gratitude in all areas, in all cirmstances and in all outcomes of our lives.

I thank Him for opening doors that I have never even thought would open. I thank Him for blessing me with a heart that desires and has so much room to be filled with His plans, His word, but most of all His LOVE.

Thank you everyone for your prayers and support, please continue to pray for me. I will be taking a few days off, just a mini break from the books. And then it's back to trying to pass the NCLEX! =) And yes Lord I give you praise always! Nothing is impossible for God, if you believe...I BELIEVE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that even in sorrow and disappointments we can rejoice in God!

I lost my baby right when I gave birth to her, 2 years ago. My husband and I were devastated, but the Lord showed His mercy and comfor, as He carried us during the most difficult time of our lives. Now, we're expecting again and we don't know what God is planning to do this time, but we know that either way, He wins. We try to live everyday to the fullest and for His glory we accept His plan for our lives.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Sincerely,
Nitza

Margery said...

Hello Nitza,

I am so blessed by your sharing. And yes, God's hands are never too short to carry us through this very dark and scary world we temporarily live in. Congratulations to you and your husband. I will also keep you guys in my prayers and I look forward to hearing from you again. Just remember what ever it is that Lord has in store for you and your husband, is surely PERFECT and truly a BLESSING! He wants nothing but GOOD for us! God Bless you Nitza and thank you for your prayers and comment.

Featured Post

When You Question Friendship

Hi All! I haven't posted anything for awhile, but I'm baaaack and looking forward to writing more.  So, about the title of this po...